Datum: di 10 november 2020
Tijd: 16:00 uur - 20:00 uur
Docent: Claudia Kratzheller
Locatie: Wingerdweg 32, 1031 CA Amsterdam
Voor wie: masseurs, massagetherapeuten en yoga beoefenaren
Prijs: € 55,=
THE MAGIC OF THE PELVIS
The pelvis is your home base and the centre of your body. Awaken the awareness with softness and strength!
The Pelvis is the connection between your spine and your legs. In this workshop, we will gain insight into the anatomical function of the pelvis and energetic potential of the chakras and make the connection between the two. When you are not aware how to move from the pelvis - “the light there is not on” or when there are blockages, you can get pain and tension.
For instance, when you either not aware or don’t have the tonus in your pelvic muscles (especially the iliacus psoas and your pelvic floor muscles) it can happen that you compensate and compromise the body: you pull up the shoulders or sag in the lower back which results in tension and pain in shoulder and lower back area.
What can you expect?
- A warming up with dancing and shaking to get into the body
- Storytelling by Claudia on the subject with the use of her skeletal assistant
- Zooming into experiential anatomy
- Gaining insight into the anatomical function of the pelvis and energetic potential of the chakras and make the connection between the two – also using breath, sound and voice
- Specific releasing and strengthening ground exercises with breath awareness and support
- How to integrate it into your practice: at the massage table with the client, as well as during every day activities
- Examples of how to translate the insight into everyday movements like standing, walking, sitting, dancing.
This workshop is for Massage therapists and Yoga practicioners likewise who'd like to translate the knowledge of the anatomy of the pelvis and the connection between muscle, bone, fascia, nerve that web the systems together into easy and supportive alignment at the treatment table with the client as well as in every day actvitities.
Also recommendable for everybody who works on their legs and wants to gain more detailed and practical awareness of how to move from the pelvis in a healthy and pleasurable way.
A discovery journey inside your body!